Saturday, June 2, 2012

Is this a property scam?

I was just browsing through Mudah website few wks ago, stumbled upon a few good deals property rental for my KL holiday rentals business.
So emailed the advertiser for more info.

Below the reply..which sound dubious and dodgy..so if you are genuinely looking for property to rent. be cautious.

============
The property advert:

Apartment for long term rental. Great location where business and entertainment districts are within walking distance.
Besides,the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and shopping malls namely Suria KLCC Shopping Mall, Ampang Park, AMP Walk, City Square, and Great Eastern Mall are just few minutes driving away. Other amenities such as medical center, schools, restaurants, parks and so forth all are within the vicinity.
All public transport right at your door. The apartment has three bedrooms with en suite bathrooms are fully furnished.
Apartment facilities:
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Cable TV
- Telephone line
- Stereo / Radio System DVD-player
- Washer / Dryer
- Microwave
- Dishwasher
- Coffee maker, toaster, oven
- Pots and pans
- Central heating - Air Conditioning
- Double Beds
- Fully furnished
- Elevator
- Intercom
Enjoy the luxury of living in this apartment.
Address: Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450, Kuala Lumpur


The owner's reply:
From: Particicia Sertil srtlatr@hotmail.com

Hello,
         Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in United Kingdom right now and I have been very busy. For introduction my name is Particicia Sertil and from the Internet add, you could see, the apartment is located at 222 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450, Kuala Lumpur, and it has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room.
         I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. I don't want to make a business or a profit with the apartment. Just want to find a good and trust person to take good care of the place because I really love it. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.
   The rent for 1 month is RM1,500.00 (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, 2 parking spots indoor, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, stove, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer). Everything in this apartment is functional because is recently renovated. If you need to do some reparations (the worst case that could happen) in the apartment, I will cover the reparations cost, or I will deduct those from monthly payment. You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys because it is a private property but I hope that we will find a compromise.
         If you have any other questions please contact me back by e-mail.
  
Thank you for your interest and awaiting your reply,
Particicia Sertil

================

haha..what a scam! be careful people

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found another Patricia Sertil but for a different place.

http://www.propwall.my/classifieds/482985/menara-avenue-klcc-condominium-for-rent-by-particicia-sertil

prettymommy86 said...

oh my God. She sent me the same reply for her property in MidValley.. Now my hopes of finding a good property is crushed. :(