Monday, October 8, 2012

Beware when cancelling your account with P1

I've been using P1 for many years.
They are very friendly in calling and getting you to sign up for new offers.
But if you try to cancel..beware..it's such a challenge..
very sad ;)

Recently tried to cancel my P1 wiggy coz have not used it for many months and its always a challenge to get clear signal.


So I called the careline around 19 or 20 Sept. the staff said the cancellation will be done within 24hours.
-----------------------

Then they sent email on  21 Sept:

   
Thanks for contacting Packet 1,your case has been registered. Please refer this Case ID: 1209A897076  for all your communications. 

Should you have any enquiries, please email us at careline@p1.com.my. For speedier transaction on your account status enquiries and to make payment, please log in now to your self care account at www.p1.com.my.


Thanks
P1 Careline

-----------------

Then on 24 sep, I emailed back to check:

Hi
pls advise whether my wiggy acount have been cancelled as requested.


----------------------------

On 25 Sept, one of their staff responded.





Thank you for contacting P1 4G Support.

Regarding your query, please be advised that your case details were already escalated to the relevant department for further assistance.

We seek for your patience and understanding while we are in the process of attending to resolve your wiggy add on termination request.

Please be inform that termination request will be process within 1-3 working days.

Please be assured that you would be contacted soon in regards to this matter. We are apologize with the inconveniences caused

Should you require further assistance, please respond to this email.

Alternatively, should you prefer to speak to us you may provide us with your contact number and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Your P1 4G Account Number: 101849768
Your Email Ticket ID: C-1648130

Thank you for choosing P1 4G .

Regards,

Huda Salleh
Customer Care Consultant
P1 4G Support Tel: 1300 03 1300
Business Hours: 8am - 11pm (Daily)
 
------------------------------
Then on Sept 25, another email received:



Thanks for contacting Packet 1,your case has been registered. Please refer this Case ID: 1209A901025  for all your communications. 

Should you have any enquiries, please email us at careline@p1.com.my. For speedier transaction on your account status enquiries and to make payment, please log in now to your self care account at www.p1.com.my.


-----------------------------

Only on Sept 29, they sent this email:



Warmest greetings from P1.
We regret that you have chosen to discontinue using P1's service. We thank you for supporting P1 and hope our service be valuable to you.
To complete your request to terminate the service, please follow the 3 easy steps below
i. Place the P1 modem and related accessories (e.g. cable, power adaptor, etc) in its original packaging.
ii. Return the full set of modem & accessories to any of P1 Authorized Service Providers (ASP) within 3 working days. Please click here to find the nearest ASP locations and the operating hours in your area. Or if you have made arrangement for modem collection, you will receive a confirmation in next 3 working days for modem pickup.
iii. Settle any outstanding amount in the last bill.
Account Number : 102471398




---------------------
then on 4 oct, I got a bill that include the wiggy cost still. so i emailed them on 6 oct:



hi
i have cancelled my wiggy..
why still charge to my acct?
-----------------
7 oct, their staff responded:



Thank you for contacting P1 4G support.
Regarding your query, please be advised that adjustment for your supreme add-on will be given on your next cycle bill .
Should you require further assistance, please respond to this email. Alternatively, should you prefer to speak to us you may provide us with your contact number and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

We will be more than happy to assist you.

Your Email Ticket ID: C-1654233
Thank you for choosing P1.


Warmest Regards,

Ayuni Ismail
Customer Care Consultant
P1 Careline Tel: 1 300 03 1300
Business Hours: 8am - 11pm (Daily)
-----

Then on 8 Oct, I called and the staff mentioned I am charged coz I only call on 29 Sep to make the cancellation.

That really pissed me off. Because of the staff inefficiencies, I am being punished.
The staff insisted that his manager say the charge stays, until I searched through email box and found all the email trail.

Thankfully I am trained to keep evidence from my days working as auditor.  Must remember, always better to have email records..Phone calls are not reliable as proof.
 Then the staff call back to say their Fulfillment department will call back and give this new case ID c-1682151

--------------

So let's see how the story goes.

P1 ...All i want is just for you to take out the RM30 from my bill. Why are you making my life so difficult?

I have been a good and loyal customer, auto pay every month, doing free promo for you..and now this is your "reward" to me???

If there are other cheaper and reliable packages from other providers..I would definitely cancel my plan immediately.

1 comment:

tezz said...

Dear Nurul

Am in the same situation. What happened after that? My name is in the CTOS list because of the so-called 'outstanding' amount I owe them, which was settled out of verbal agreement/negotiation, due to their mistake .... given them the modem, etc now they want the 'outstanding' amount to take my name out of CTOS!!!!