Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seeking positive energy


Today, I am thankful to encounter a blind man who gave me a good morale booster.
Had a chance to go swimming today at my club [thank God no rain]. On the way out, passed by this blind uncle trying to hitch a ride. I have seen him often in past years, but never dared to stop. Today, I just stop and ask where he want to go. He's heading to LRT KJ, and since I was heading for JCI office, I offered to drive him to the LRT station. Apparently he has worked as masseuse at my club since 1979.
During the journey, I found out that he bought his apt in Brickfields years ago at RM75k, rented it out til the loan fully paid and meanwhile rent a place behind YMCA. Now he can stay at the apt with his family with no loan burden.  A broker recently called him with buyer offer for RM400k.  
He also have bought another apartment in Cheras at RM150k, and rented it out.  Now the value is over RM350k.
How amazing! Being blind doesn't stop him from investing in property smartly.
I wish my parents had learn this tactic, so I now would not have to be burdened with house loan commitment since graduating, and could have more properties for investment.
Nevertheless...it's never too late.

No comments: